I got shocked as soon as I stared at my face in front of the bathroom mirror in the morning. There were lots of traces of the battle between my skin and hormones, and it seemed like the hormones won in the battle called “Sugar high”. I had lots of pimples here and there, because I had consumed too much sugar yesterday. My sister said my face looks like it was bitten by swarms of mosquitoes all night.
Yes, when you having some sweets, you really enjoy the moment. You feel good, become active, cheerful, then a bit violent, cranky, moody, then peace comes finally, and the next day, the glory of pimples.
Rabokki (stir fried rice cake and noodle) is what I had for lunch yesterday. Rabokki is combining words for ddeokbokki and ramyun (instant noodles). It is quite simple to make if you know how to make ddeokbbokki. All you need to do is, add some instant noodles and extra water into ddeokbbokki. Voila~!
I simply used the same ingredients from my ddeokbokki recipe, just increase the amount of them for 4 people.
Ingredients for 4 people
(Expected preparation time – 5 minutes, cooking time – 7 minutes)
-For main ingredients
- 1 instant noodle pack.
- Fresh rice cakes 300g (about 30 pieces) – If you use pre packaged rice cakes, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes before you use them.
- Fish cake 4 sheets – 240g
- 1 onion
- 4 leaves of cabbage
- 1 stalk of spring onion (optional)
- 8 instant dumplings (optional)
- 1½ cups of water
-For sauce (Mix them well in a bowl.)
- Gochujang – 4 tbsp
- Dark brown sugar – 4 tbsp ; If you don’t want to be attacked by sugar high pimples, I recommend you to reduce the amount of sugar. maybe reduce it down to 2 to 3 tbsp
- Minced garlic -1 tsp
- Chili powder (Gochutgaru in Korean) – 1 tsp
- Thin slice the onion and diagonally slice the spring onion.
- Rinse the fish cakes in hot water. (To clean the oil coating from its surface)
- Cut the fish cakes and cabbage into medium size pieces.
Cooking (I cooked them on a portable burner, it is the restaurant style of eating)
- Pour the water into the pot. Start to boil it.
- Add the sauce and stir it well.
- Add all the other ingredients. (reduce the heat to medium to low)
- Stir them well.
- You can start eating them when one of the ingredients is cooked.
Although, it was over sweet, it was really delicious. All of us who ate this meal got high later, but it was worth it for short moment.