This is the my favourite meal in the world. My mom owned a Dak galbi restaurant for about 12 years. I think she is the best cook of this particular meal in the world. (I am not a big fan of flattering ) However I don’t really know what kind of sauce and how much of the sauce my mom uses for this meal. I am happy with my own recipe. I cooked it for last night’s dinner, and it was really good.
Ingredients for 2 people are
(Expected preparation time- 25 minutes, cooking time- 15 minutes)
-Meat and to get rid of smell
- 3 pieces chicken Breast
- Refined rice wine 30 ml
- Pepper 2 sprinkles
-Seasoning sauce (mix these well in a bowl.)
- Gochujang 2 tbsp (heaped)
- 1 squashed garlic
- Chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Cooking syrup (corn syrup) 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
-Side Ingredients (These are standard vegetables. However if you want, you can use other vegetables too.)
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/2 a medium size sweet potato
- 1/2 a carrot
- 1/4 a cabbage
- 5 stalks of spring onions
- 5 sesame leaves
- Some rice cake pieces (maybe 5 or 6)
- 1/4 each of a yellow and red capsicum
Preparation for marinating chicken
- Rinse the chicken in cold water.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Put it into a bowl, then pour in the refined rice wine and sprinkle the pepper on top.
- Soak for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the seasoning sauce into the chicken bowl. Mix it well.
Preparation for side ingredients
- Wash the vegetables, peel the skin off as needed.
- Thin slice the cabbage, onion, carrot, capsicums, and sweet potato.
- Slice the sesame leaves and spring onions.
- Cut the rice cakes in half.
1. Pre-heat the wok for about 20 seconds.
2. Put some olive oil in the wok.
3. Put all the vegetables into the wok. (Except capsicums)
4. Stir fry them for about 5 minutes on medium heat. (Until the sweet potato is about 2/3 cooked.)
5. When the sweet potato is 2/3 cooked, add the capsicums, rice cake, and marinated chicken.
6. Stir it well until 90% of the meat is cooked.
7. Put the lid on the wok to steam it on low heat for about 3 minutes. (If you don’t have the right size lid, just use any lid to cover it in the wok that’s what I did.)
8. Serve it on the plate.