Spicy Korean Chicken Stew
Easy Korean spicy chicken stew recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 1 kg chicken (2.2 pounds), I used a mix of chicken drumsticks and thigh fillets), cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 cup water
- 2 potatoes (450g / 1 pound), cut into medium pieces
- 1 carrot (150g / 5.3 ounces), cut into medium pieces
- 1 onion (190g / 6.7 ounces), cut into medium pieces
- 3 perilla leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 stalk green onion (20g / 0.7 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL)
On medium-high heat, boil some water (5 to 6 cups) in a medium sized pot. Once it’s rolling boiling, parboil the chicken for 1 minute. Drain the water.
In a clean pot, add the chicken, sauce and the water. Boil them over medium-high heat for about 10 mins, covered.
Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions and boil for a further 7 mins, covered. Reduce the heat to medium and stir gently to change the position of the chicken and the vegetables. Add the perilla leaves. Simmer for a further 8 mins (or until the chicken and the potatoes are fully cooked), covered.
Garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot with a bowl of steamed rice.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 899mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3955IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 5.7mg