Korean Sweet Tangy Soy Dipping Sauce
Super easy and versatile Korean dipping sauce
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar , (or white vinegar)
- 10 g onion (0.4 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru), You can add more for extra spiciness.
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green onion (heaped), – You can add more if you like.
- 1 green or red chili (optional), I didn’t use this, but if you want to make it extra spicy sauce, you can add it.
For kids friendly (non-spicy) version
For spicy version
Mix remainder (7 Tbsp) of base sauce and the rest of the optional ingredients. Mix them well. (Frankly speaking, this combination isn’t that spicy to my tastebuds. Maybe occasional kicks near the end. Adjust the spiciness with Korean chili flakes and/or green/red chili as suggested above according to your desire.) Serve as you need.
Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 19mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.2mg