Ham and Egg Cups with Kimchi
How to make baked ham and egg cups with kimchi!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 6 slices thin of honey leg ham (you can use other types of deli ham instead. I tried this with champagne leg ham which also worked well.)
- 6 Extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Kimchi , ideally not too old
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese , mozzarella cheese will do fine too
- Ground black pepper , optional
- 2 tsp cooking oil or spray cooking oil , I used rice bran oil
Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius degree (about 350F) for 20 mins. – This is based on the fan forced setting.
Lightly coat the 6 muffin cups with cooking oil. (Use the oil brush or spray oil)
Gently place a ham slice in each muffin cup. Push it down to the bottom but up the edge. Divide the Kimchi and cheese among muffin cups. For Kimchi, 1 heaped tsp per muffin cup is about right.
Break an egg into a small bowl. Then add this into a muffin cup. Repeat this for the remainder. (This process is to prevent the broken egg shells getting into the muffin cup.) Sprinkle some black pepper on top of the eggs.
Bake it for 20 mins or until the egg is cooked per your liking. (20 mins cooking will result in hard egg yolk rather than soft runny yolk.) Take it out of the oven and cool down for 5 mins.
Serve & enjoy!
Calories: 182kcal | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 150mg | Vitamin A: 330IU | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1.1mg