Easy Korean Spicy Rice Cakes
Korean spicy rice cake recipe
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time13 mins
- 300 g fresh rice cakes (0.7 ounces), separated (if you are using frozen or packaged rice cakes, separate them first then soak in warm water for 20 mins before cooking to soften.)
- 2 fish cake sheets (105 g / 3.7 ounces), sliced into medium size pieces
- 1/2 medium onion (75 g / 2.7 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2 cabbage leaves (145 g / 5.1 ounces), sliced into medium size strips
- 1 stalk spring onion chopped
- Some cooking oil - I use rice bran oil
- Some toasted sesame seeds to garnish
TTEOKBOKKI SAUCE (MIX THESE IN A BOWL WELL)
- 2 Tbsp Korean chilli paste (Gochujang)
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp Korean chilli powder (Gochugaru)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup water
Pre heat a wok/skillet on medium high heat until well heated. Add some cooking oil and the onion. Stir it until the onion softens.
Add the cabbage and stir until it softens.
Add the rice cakes, fish cakes and the seasoning sauce. Mix them well and stir until the rice cakes and fish cakes cook through (about 2 mins). Reduce the heat to low.
Add the spring onion. Stir it quickly. Garnish with some sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 127mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.3mg