Bean Sprout Rice (Kongnamul bap)
Korean bean sprout rice (Kongnamul Bap) recipe
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 3 cups short grain rice (I used 2 cups of white rice and 1 cup of brown rice – using the rice measuring cup that came with the rice cooker), rinsed
- 3 cups water , using the same rice cup
- 250 g soybean sprouts , rinsed and bad beans and tails trimmed
- 200 g pork mince (or beef mince)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms (optional), thinly sliced
- 1/4 zucchini (optional), thinly sliced
MEAT SEASONING (MIX THESE WELL IN A BOWL)
BEAN SPROUT RICE SAUCE (MIX THESE WELL IN A BOWL)
Marinate the meat with the seasoning. Set aside for about 15 mins.
Pre heat a pan. Add some cooking oil and add the pork. Stir until it cooks. Drain any excess liquid from the pan.
Put the rice in a rice cooker pot. Add the water. Pile up the vegetables and meat on top of the rice. Press the cook button.
When it’s cooked, mix the rice and other ingredients well with a spatular. Serve. (To eat, add the sauce as required into the bowl of rice then mix them well. Dig in.) It’s also very common to serve with some Kimchi and seasoned seaweed.
Calories: 721kcal | Carbohydrates: 125g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1108mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 11.4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 7.8mg