After cooking these baby potatoes, I was seriously thinking whether I should post this recipe or not. Because they didn’t look exactly how I expected.
However I didn’t want to waste all my effort to cook these braised baby potatoes by not posting the recipe. It was really hard work to rinse and scrub these little baby potatoes. So here is the recipe, but I am also planning on making a better version of this dish some other time, so check for that recipe as well.
Ingredients for 35 potatoes
- Baby potatoes
- Cooking syrup (corn syrup or sugar cane syrup) – 2 tbsp
-Sauce (Mix them well in a bowl)
- Soy sauce – 5 tbsp
- Rice wine – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
1. Rinse the potatoes thoroughly – use soft scrubber to remove dirt if needed. (We are going to cook unpeeled potatoes.)
1. Put all the potatoes in a pot. Pour the water to cover half of the potatoes.
2. Boil it until the potatoes are 80% cooked.
3. Add the sauce in the pot and mix. Simmer them gently in the sauce on medium heat.
4. When the sauce is almost boiled away, add the cooking syrup, then lightly mix it well and turn off the heat quickly.
5. Serve it on the dish.
6. Put the rest of the potatoes in another container to eat later.