When I was in school, I was so jealous when some of my friends brought Yubu Chobap as a lunch on a school field trip day. Mine was just plain vegetable Kimbap like most of the kids, so my friend’s lunch box looked even more fancy, unique and so special. My mom never made any Yubu chobap for me in my life, so I always thought it is really expensive or hard to find.
Now, as an adult, I realized that it is very easy and cheap to get those ingredients at a supermarket, I sometimes buy instant Yubu chobap to brighten my day. – Though it is an instant version, so don’t get your hopes too high. It is my favourite non fish sushi by the way. It’s very more-ish.
Ingredients for 16 Yubu chobap (Big enough as one person’s meal or a light meal for 2 people)
(Expected prep and making time – less than 10 minutes)
- Freshly cooked white rice for 1 and half people (If I used a measuring cup, it would be about 2 cups, though I can’t guarantee. Use a bit less water than usual for cooking rice.)
- Yubu chobap package : It includes 16 Yubu (fried bean curd), flavoring sauce (clear liquid sauce), herb mix, and fried flavoring.
1. Pour the rice in to a bowl. (A big bowl, like a salad bowl is easier to use)
2. Pour out all the sauce from the packet on to the rice. (Though, I only used half of the herb mix, which is the green packet. It is really up to you.)
3. Mix the rice well with a spatula.
4. Hold the Yubu and open it.
5. Scoop out the rice from the bowl and fill the Yubu with it.
6. Serve it on the plate.
As you can see, it is very simple, even a 5 year old child can make it. Good for picnic meals or when you don’t want to bother with heavy cooking.
You might also like