People in Korea usually cook fried rice when they don’t have many ingredients left in the fridge (because it is quite simple to make with a few things), or when they need to get rid of left over vegetables.
This meal may look difficult to cook if you looked up the ingredients, however you can use minimum ingredients such as Kimchi, half an onion, some rice and oil, and Gochujang sauce to make “Kimchi fried rice”. (Warning – This food can be spicy to people who aren’t used it.)
Ingredients for 2 people are :
(Expected preparation time: 5 min, cooking time:10 min)
- 1/2 a medium size onion
- 1/2 the tuna from a 250g can
- Kimchi 40g
- Legs from 2 small squids (or 1/2 squid flesh)
- 1/5 of a zucchini
- Steamed rice for 2 people
- Some oil (I used oil from the tuna can)
– Preparation –
1. Cut some squid legs into medium size pieces.
2. Add seasoning to the squid and mix it well.
-Seasoning squid with
- Soy sauce -1 tsp
- A sprinkle of pepper
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Gochujang (chili paste) -1 tsp (heaped)
3. Cut onion and zucchini into small cubes.
4. Slice Kimchi into small pieces.
1. Put some oil into a wok.
2. Pan fry onion first, then add the other ingredients about every 2 minutes in the following order: zucchini, Kimchi, squid, tuna.
3. Put the rice into the wok. Stir it thoroughly with vegetables and meat. Then add the following sauce and mix it. This sauce is optional but it tastes better if you do so.
- Sesame oil 1/2 tsp
- Gochujang (chili paste) 1 tsp
4. Serve it on the plate.
You might also like