I often feel like cooking something very simple without taking much effort, yet want to pretend that I spent some good time on it. Do you ever feel the same way? Then this omelet rice might come in handy. In fact, I cooked it 4 times in the last week already.
Michael was very intrigued how I cover the rice with the eggs so well. Although dicing vegetables can be a little annoying and the most time consuming part of the process, it is quite simple to make. Would you like to pretend too?
Ingredients – 2 servings
- 1/2 (50 g) carrot
- 1/2 (80 g) onion
- 1/3 (40 g) red capsicum
- 80 g smoked ham
- 100 g crab stick
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Some rice bran oil
- Some tomato sauce
-Stir frying rice (You will need a wok)
- Dice carrot, onion, red capsicums, ham and crab stick.
- Mix the tomato sauce (3 tbsp) and worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Pre heat the wok on high heat for 10 seconds and add some oil.
- Add all diced ingredients and saute for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to half.
- Add the steamed rice and the mixed sauce. Mix them well for 30 seconds.
- Stop the heat.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Heat a frying pan and add some oil. Pour the egg in the frying pan.
- Quickly spread the egg and make a thin, large, and round omelet.
- Repeat step 1 to 4 for the rest of the eggs.
-Shaping (You will need two deep bowls and two plates)
- When the omelets are made, place them in deep bowls.
- Put the stir fried rice on top of each omelet.
- Put the plate on top of the bowls. Turn them up side down and remove the bowl.
- Make a cross cut on top of the omelets and add some tomato sauce on top.