I’ve meant to post this recipe since I started blogging, but I just couldn’t post it because my picture wasn’t quite ready. I have tried this meal nearly every week, I’ve never got good pictures. Yes! I have to admit that I may have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) but it is not as bad as Mr.monk.
This is the most common Korean snack meal in Korea. You can see mini vans or carts that sell this food on the street easily as well. There are lots of variations of this meal, however today’s recipe is the most common and basic way of cooking this meal.
Ingredients for 2 people are
(Expected preparation time: 4 minutes, cooking time: less than 10 minutes)
- Fresh rice cake 300g (I always prefer fresh rice cake from the rice cake shop, it tastes best.)
- Fish cake 2 sheets
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 stalk of spring onion
- 2 leaves of cabbage
- Water 1/3 cup
- Seasoning sauce (mix these in a bowl well) : Gochujang 2 tbsp, Sugar 2 tbsp (I used dark brown sugar), Chili powder 1/2 tsp , Squashed garlic 1 tsp (If you are afraid of spice, you can reduce the chili powder)
- Thin slice the onion.
- Cut the cabbage and spring onion into medium size pieces.
- Cut the fish cake sheets into medium size pieces.
- Separate the rice cakes with your hands.
- Pre heat the wok for about 10 seconds.
- Add some oil and the onion. Stir it.
- Add the cabbage and stir it.
- Add the rice cakes, fish cakes, sauce and water. Stir it.
- Add the spring onion. Stir it
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, serve the meal on the plate.
It was really nice because the rice cakes were so fresh. Originally it was today’s menu, but I decided to cook it last night.