Entertain your guests with DIY Bulgogi taco bar. It’s a fun and delicious way to introduce Korean cuisine!
Who likes Bulgogi? Me! Who likes Tacos? Me! As we are in the season of entertainment, I thought of sharing my Mexican fused easy Korean entertainment idea, namely Bulgogi Taco Bar.
Korean fusion taco is already a widely popular concept so I think no further explanation is necessary. I shared my very first Korean fusion taco idea – ‘Bulgogi Kimchi tacos’ way way back on my blog, which now I think was very basic. 🙂 Seriously, I only used Bulgogi, Kimchi, western style BBQ sauce and honey mustard sauce!
On the contrary, today’s Bulgogi taco bar is more close to true Korean taste. Other than borrowing the idea of using tortillas, everything else is loaded with authentic Korean flavour.
I tried this a couple of times with my family in the last few weeks, and it’s been a big hit. It’s so easy to prepare, and what’s more, it’s such a crowd-pleaser. I particularly loved pairing bulgogi with my spicy cucumber salad and also with Korean radish pickles. They really rock!
If you can’t handle the heat, of course, you can use plain cucumber slices instead. That’s why taco bar is a great idea. You pick and choose what you like to add! 🙂 I hope you like it as much as we do! Let me know what you thought of it.
Ingredients for Bulgogi Taco Bar (8 to 10 servings)
- 8 to 10 large tortillas, warm them up just before serving (I used a microwave.)
- 600g beef bulgogi, stir fried
- 10 Korean lettuce (or baby cos lettuce) leaves, thinly sliced
- 10 Korean perilla leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- spicy Korean cucumber salad
- Korean pickled radish (or pink radish pickles)
Korean Taco Sauce (Mix these in a bowl)
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
*1 Tbsp = 15 ml
** If you want to learn more about Korean cooking ingredients, check my 30 essential Korean cooking ingredients list!
How To Make Bulgogi Tacos
1. Place all prepared ingredients on a dining table and start assembling!
Bulgogi Taco Bar
- 8 to 10 large tortillas , warm them up just before serving. (I used a microwave.)
- 600 g bulgogi (1.3 pounds), stir fried
- 10 leaves Korean lettuce or baby cos lettuce, thinly sliced
- 10 leaves Korean perilla , thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber , thinly sliced
- Korean spicy cucumber salad
- Korean white radish pickles or pink radish pickles
- Place all prepared ingredients on a dining table and start assembling!
Nutrition Info (per serving)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.