Try these supremely tender and delicious oven baked Korean BBQ beef ribs! They are a crowd pleaser and great to serve on special dinner occasions!
With the festive season approaching, I’ve been getting requests for Korean foods that are suitable for hosting a party. In case you don’t know, I have a huge recipe collection for Korean party food, so you should definitely check that one out!
And, I’d like to add today’s special recipe – Oven Baked Korean BBQ Beef Ribs to this collection.
Baked Korean BBQ Beef Ribs are super easy and simple to make as well.
Simply, prepare the marinade by blending the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor. Marinate the ribs in the sauce for at least 4 hours, but ideally for 24 hrs to enhance the flavor. Cook the ribs in the oven for 8 hours. Voilà! There you have it.
Because they are cooked slowly for a long time, these beef ribs are so tender. Also, the smell is so tempting and heavenly.
These baked Korean BBQ beef ribs are totally appropriate for special occasions such as Thanksgiving day, Christmas and New Year’s day. Or even a date night! You will be a popular host.
So try them soon and let me know what you thought of them!
Ingredients for Oven Baked Korean BBQ Beef Ribs
- 2kg (4.4 pounds) beef back ribs, membrane removed
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (I used kikkoman soy sauce)
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine (mirin)
- 1 red apple or asian pear (230 g / 8.1 ounces), cored
- 1 onion (180 g / 6.3 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
* This marinade is the same marinade I use for Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) recipe.
** 1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Cup = 250 ml
How to Make Korean BBQ Beef Ribs in the Oven
1. Blend the marinade ingredients in a mixer or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
2. Pour the marinade over the meat and make sure it’s reaching all parts of the meat. Cover the meat and transfer it to the fridge. Marinate the meat for at least 4 hrs (but ideally for 24 hrs for optimal results).
3. Preheat the oven on 100 C/ 212 F for 20 mins. Lay down some waxed baking paper (or aluminium foil) on a baking sheet (or roasting pan). Then place the marinated rack of ribs. Splash some marinade around the ribs but discard most of sauce. Cook it for 8 hrs.
4. Take the meat out and carve. Serve.
As with a typical Korean BBQ, these baked beef ribs are great to serve with some steamed rice, kimchi, lettuce leaves, and Korean spicy dipping sauce. I also specially made some pickled radishes and carrots to go with it and it complimented these ribs very well!
Typically the membrane is removed prior to cooking ribs and here’s how. If you don’t, there will be a rubbery part you will reluctantly chew through or will want to discard during the meal.
Love Korean food? Browse lots more Korean recipes from my easy Korean recipe collections. And subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Oven Baked Korean BBQ Beef Ribs
- 2 kg beef back ribs , membrane removed
- Blend the marinade ingredients in a mixer or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and make sure it’s reaching all parts of the meat. Cover the meat and transfer it to the fridge. Marinate the meat for at least 4 hrs (but ideally for 24 hrs for optimal results).
- Preheat the oven on 100 C/212 F for 20 mins. Lay down some waxed baking paper (or aluminium foil) on a baking sheet (or roasting pan). Then place the marinated rack of ribs. Splash some marinade around the ribs but discard most of sauce. Cook it for 8 hrs.
- Take the meat out and carve. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.