I don’t like tofu (Dubu in Korean) on its own, but I really like it when it is cooked with something else, like Tofu Soybean Paste Stew (Dubu Doenjangjjigae in Korean) or this meal, soy sauce boiled tofu. Tofu is a really cheap, healthy meal, and is suitable in lots of food. This side dish is especially really easy to make.
Ingredients for 2-3 person side dish
(Expected prep time: 2 minutes , cooking time: 4 minutes )
- Tofu 280 g
- 1/2 stalk of a spring onion
- Olive oil 15 ml
For sauce (mix these in a bowl)
- Soy sauce (Ganjang in Korean) – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (I used dark brown sugar)
- Garlic – 1/4 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1/4 tsp
- 1 green chili
- Cut the tofu into pieces.
- Take the seeds out from the chili and thin slice it.
- Thin slice the spring onion.
1. Put some oil into the pan.
2. Add the tofu. Pan fry it both sides.
3. Turn the heat down to low heat, add the sauce and spring onion, then simmer it. (turn the tofu over half way)
4. When 80% of the sauce disappears, serve it on the plate, then pour out the rest of the sauce on the tofu.
Although it contains chili, the actual dish isn’t spicy.