Honey citron sparkling iced tea is a non-alcoholic cocktail made with Korean citron tea and sparkling mineral water. It’s a perfect summer drink that will not only quench your thirst but also revitalise your energy!
Korean honey citron tea (Yujacha, 유자차) is one of my favourite Korean teas if not “the favourite”. It is sweet, delicious, and tastes healthy.
Typically, Korean honey citron tea is enjoyed as a hot beverage, particularly in winter.
Honey Citron Sparkling Iced Tea
Today though I want to share how to enjoy Korean citron tea as a cold beverage.
I suppose, you could simply use some cold water and some ice instead of hot water. But I thought why not make it a bit bubbly as well? This sounds even more enticing during hot summer weather. Don’t you think so?
So I came up with this honey citron sparkling iced tea recipe! The recipe title itself is giving me a little bit of a chill! 😉
What I love about this honey citron sparkling iced tea is that it’s so light, refreshing and re-energising.
I particularly love the citron flavoured fine ice that floats on top of the drink soon after you pour the drink into a glass. It’s like cold citron flavoured slush! The lemony fragrance is also abundant!
Benefits of Korean Citron Tea (Yujacha, 유자차)
Amongst Koreans, Korean citron (Yuja, 유자), also known as Yuzu in Japan, is known for its richness in vitamin C and citric acid. Apparently, its vitamin C level is three times higher than lemons.
Because of these properties, it is believed to be good for preventing colds, improving fatigue and coughing and good for skin reflection. It sounds like something you should be drinking a few times a day, doesn’t it? 😉
Though the citron tea marmalade/syrup contains a lot of sugar, so it can be bad if you drink the tea too much.
Regardless, I have to say that our family absolutely love this drink! Every time I make this iced tea, they simply can’t get enough of it.
I hope you make this soon! It will be a fancy Korean punch you could serve for your special guests. It will be well received! I’m sure of it!
Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings
- 5 Tbsp (or more to taste) Korean honey citron tea marmalade (Yujacha, 유자차)
- 2 Cups sparkling natural mineral water, chilled
- 10 regular sized ice cubes (220g/7.7 ounces)
*1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Cup = 250 ml
1. Put all ingredients together in a mixer and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- If you liked this recipe, you might also want to check out my Korean plum tea (Maesil Cha) recipe too!
- If you want to find out more about the benefits and side effects of Korean citron tea, check this news article. (Though it’s written in Korean.)
- Disclaimer – Please note that this post was not intended for medical, health or dietary advice. Please seek appropriate professional advice if you have any concerns or questions about the benefits and side effects of Korean citron tea.
- 5 Tbsp Korean honey citron tea marmalade (Yujacha), or more to taste
- 2 cups sparkling natural mineral water (chilled)
- 10 ice cubes (regular sized, about (220 g / 7.7 ounces)
- Put all ingredients together in a mixer and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
*1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Cup = 250 ml